Praxis issue


No, am not writing about the company. But the word "Praxis" which means translation of an idea into an action or the difference between theory and action.

The thing is, I stumbled upon some thoughts (gems really) that totally made sense but I don't think we can practice them on day-to-day basis [maybe that's why I read them and not observed them in action]

I shared them with a friend saying that I would like to add them to my blog but don't have a reason. And was told that I should share them coz these thoughts are worth a repeat all by themselves.

So, here we go (and I'm quoting Hugh Prather):
  • (In people) If I actually look for differences and accept each one I see, I notice that my basic bond with a person is not threatened or even touched by our differences. Looked at it this way, other people’s differences become interesting and entertaining. They add to, rather than subtract from, the richness of the relationship.
  • The notion that negative thoughts and feelings should be ‘honestly’ expressed or ‘vented’, comes from the assumption that if you ‘get it out’, it is no longer in. But ideas do not leave their source, and all criticism attacks the criticizer. When I allow my words to reflect my negative mood, the negativity becomes more deeply rooted and powerful, and I stir up the other person as well. Now the problem takes on a life of its own and is out of my control.
Hope that you like them too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do IDs do?

I'm lucky :)

Show Don’t Tell